If you are working in online business, SQL is a must.
If you want to:
- extract better information from your or your company’s raw data by yourself, or
- take your analytics skills from Google Analytics or Excel to the next level, or
- start to steer your career path towards Data Science or Analytics, or
- understand what data professionals are doing at your company…
…knowing SQL and being able to use it in practice is definitely an important step. This SQL for Data Analysis Workshop gives you practical and immediately applicable SQL knowledge in one day.
Who is this for?
The SQL for Data Analysis Workshop is designed for:
- online business professionals
- digital marketers (SEM, SEO, PPC, Social, etc.)
- digital analysts (working in Google Analytics and/or in Excel)
- UX professionals
- anyone who wants to invest in her career by learning about coding, analytics and data science
If you’ve never touched a coding task, don’t worry: we will start from scratch.
Who has participated so far? Mostly professionals at smaller e-commerce and startup companies – but attendees from bigger companies like Audi, Butlers, Telenor, T-Mobile, iProspect, Heineken and Lego have also benefited.
10% theory, 90% practice
This is a workshop that contains only the necessary amount of theory; all the rest is practice. Bring your computer and prepare to get your hands dirty with actual data coding from the first moment on. We will tackle every topic together, and you’ll also get small, exciting assignments – with real data sets – to continuously test your freshly gained coding skills. The best way to learn is by practicing, right?
Date: 10 October 2018, Wednesday, 9:30-16:00
Location: Downtown Berlin, Germany (more details for registrants)
Ticket: €290 + VAT / attendee
The max. number of attendees is 8.Register now…
If you have any questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com!
Agenda of the SQL for Data Analysis Workshop
1.) Introduction – Why is coding important? How does it work? Introducing the data coding environment of SQL – and comparing it to other languages (Python, R, bash etc…).
2.) SQL in practice.
- Learning the basic SQL queries and clauses. (SELECT, FROM, LIMIT)
- How to filter in SQL (WHERE, AND, OR, <, >, etc…)
- SQL functions, aggregations, averages (SUM, MIN, MAX, AVG, etc…)
- Segmentation using SQL
- JOIN-ing tables
3.) WORKSHOP and practicing on a true-to-life startup’s true-to-life dataset.Register now…
At the end of the course you will:
- understand the basics of data + coding
- have hands-on experience and solid base knowledge in SQL
- gain enough knowledge to continue learning by yourself after the course
- get free access to the “How to Set up your Own Data Server with Python, R, SQL and Bash” video course
Max 8 attendees
This is a small group workshop – to ensure every attendee gets enough attention.Register now…
Tomi Mester is a data analyst and researcher. He worked for Prezi, iZettle and several smaller companies as an analyst/consultant. He’s the author of the Data36 blog where he writes posts and tutorials on a weekly basis about data science, AB-testing, online research and data coding. He’s an O’Reilly author and presenter at TEDxYouth, Barcelona E-commerce Summit and Data Conf. More info about Tomi: here and here (linkedin).
Note 1: This workshop is also available for companies (in Europe and in the USA) as an internal workshop. If you are interested, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Note 2: If you have any questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com!