Python is one of the most essential Data Science languages. It’s fairly easy to learn, it’s free, many companies are using it, and it’s one of the most popular languages for predictive analytics and machine learning.
If you want to:
- understand how this popular data science language works, or
- boost your skill set with a basic understanding of programming, or
- start to steer your career path towards Data Science or Analytics, or
- understand what data professionals are doing at your company…
…starting to learn Python and being able to use it in practice is definitely a great first step. Python is easier than you would think. At this Python for Data Science and Analytics Workshop you can dedicate a full day to building practical and hands-on Python knowledge.
Who is this for?
The Python for Data Science and Analytics Workshop is designed for:
- online business professionals
- digital marketers (SEM, SEO, PPC, Social, etc.)
- analysts (working with Google Analytics, Excel, and/or SQL)
- anyone who wants to invest in her career by learning about coding and data science
If you’ve never touched a coding task, don’t worry: we will start from scratch.
Who has participated so far? Mostly professionals at smaller e-commerce and startup companies – but attendees from bigger companies like Audi, Butlers, Telenor, T-Mobile, iProspect, Heineken and Lego have also benefited.
10% theory, 90% practice
This is a workshop that contains only the necessary amount of theory; all the rest is practice. Bring your computer and prepare to get your hands dirty with actual data coding from the first moment on. We will tackle every topic together, and you’ll also get small, exciting assignments – with real data sets – to continuously test your freshly gained coding skills. The best way to learn is by practicing, right?
Date: 12 October 2018, Friday, 9:30-16:00
Location: Berlin, Germany (more details for registrants)
Ticket: €290 + VAT / attendee
The max. number of attendees is 8.Register now…
If you have any questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com!
Agenda of the Python for Data Science and Analytics Workshop
1.) Introduction – Why is coding important? How does it work? Introducing the Python data coding environment and comparing it to other languages (SQL, R, bash, etc…).
2.) Python is the most commonly used programming language for data science projects (e.g. predictions, machine learning, text mining, AI related projects…). We will dedicate a full day to starting Python from scratch… and by the end of the day we will already be performing some very basic predictions.
- The logic of Python
- Basics of Python: variables, data types, functions
- Basics of Python: loops and if statements
- Analytics-specific Python libraries: numpy, pandas
- Advanced data science Python libraries: SciPy, MatPlotLib
- Creating your first simple prediction
3.) WORKSHOP and practicing on a true-to-life startup’s true-to-life dataset.Register now…
At the end of the course you will:
- understand the basics of data + coding
- have hands-on experience and solid base knowledge in Python
- gain enough knowledge to continue learning by yourself after the course
- get free access to the “How to Set up your Own Data Server with Python, R, SQL and Bash” video course
Max 8 attendees
This is a small group workshop – to ensure every attendee gets enough attention.Register now…
Tomi Mester is a data analyst and researcher. He worked for Prezi, iZettle and several smaller companies as an analyst/consultant. He’s the author of the Data36 blog where he writes posts and tutorials on a weekly basis about data science, AB-testing, online research and data coding. He’s an O’Reilly author and presenter at TEDxYouth, Barcelona E-commerce Summit and Data Conf. More info about Tomi: here and here (linkedin).
Note 1: This workshop is also available for companies (in Europe and in the USA) as an internal workshop. If you are interested, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Note 2: If you have any questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com!